Burro is a powerfully AI driven collaborative robot used for automation. Currently, Burros are mostly used to assist in grape and other types of harvesting. The company wanted a website to showcase their robot, allow prospective customers to take pre-orders, and create collaboration opportunities and community between existing customers and the company.
My responsibilities for the development of this website included:
- Converting a basic design with branding and information architecture guides into a functional and effective website built on WordPress
- Creating a custom post type to store crop data for existing customers to download and analyze
- The crop data post type is housed behind a login and required custom roles and permissions for access
- The crop data post type is custom field driven since multiple data sets for each crop are available for download and the client wanted a simple way to manage the data in a meaningful way
- Added job board functionality for careers at Burro
- Created custom order and general use forms
I still actively maintain and manage this site for the client and actively consult with the client for this website. The latest iteration of my work with Burro included adding a Crop Data repository using a custom post type, custom fields, and putting the content behind a login that requires special permissions to access when logged into the site.
This website was originally developed in collaboration with Culture22.